Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


New Recipe #3 - Green Breakfast Smoothie

>> Saturday, January 21, 2012

I decided to try a new breakfast recipe for week #3. Hopefully next week will be an easy kids lunch recipe, but we'll see... I need to find one yet! I was searching for something that both my men would enjoy, that was quick and easy, and that Tim could take with him in the car for his drive to school. This Green Smoothie really fit the bill! I researched a bunch of different smoothie combinations before choosing this one. I found it via pinterest, and you can get to the original recipe by clicking here.



So I threw together some spinach, pineapple, peaches, orange juice, and half a banana... my own version of the recipe.


It came out a lovely green color, just as predicted! I actually think this is a beautiful drink... even though Tim looked rather weird when I handed it to him. He drank it though, and liked it!



I was surprised that it worked so well in Kyle's normal sippy-cup. I think I should get a couple of plastic cups with big straws if this recipe sticks.... but for now this worked well.


Kyle drank the entire thing within minutes, and it was so nice to see him play while he consumed all that spinach! Little did he know... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM  

Jess - This is great! What a wonderful idea for getting Ky to eat his greens! :) Love you!
--Mom

Christa @BrownSugarToast February 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Oh yeah! I totally do this with AG too! I made a big spinach smoothie just a few days ago and she thought it was ice cream. :)

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP