New Recipe #1 Easy Baked Tilapia
>> Saturday, January 7, 2012
I have to give credit for this recipe to my newly married sister. :-) Until eating tilapia at her home a few weeks ago, I had always covered it with flour/salt/pepper and cooked it in a frying pan on the stovetop. This way is MUCH easier and MUCH yummier (is that a word?). Keri improvised using an old family recipe for chicken, and breaded with saltine crackers instead of breadcrumbs. The result??? Well... let's just say that my husband actually likes fish prepared this way. And that's saying something.
So, start by heating your oven to 350.
Gather your ingredients. Tilapia filets, sour cream, lemon juice, paprika, garlic salt, salt, soy sauce (or I use Worcestershire sauce) and a sleeve of saltines (or two sleeves, depending how how many filets you are doing). I cut this recipe in half since I was only making tilapia for three. :-) The whole recipe makes enough sauce for 6 or more filets.
Combine 1 pint sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoon salt and 4 teaspoons soy sauce into a creamy sauce. Then crush the sleeve of saltines (Kyle was very interested in this part, and asked to help. Precious!) and empty them into a separate container.
Dip the tilapia filets into the sauce, coat well, dip into the crackers, coat well, place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
Here is my menu planner, still in constant use!
The finished product. We had a yummy supper! I love new recipes... once I get around to trying them. :-)
1 comments:
That does sound yummy!
Post a Comment