Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


30 Weeks

>> Thursday, January 5, 2012



Here's my baby bump at 30 weeks prego. Even though my weight-gain has been significantly less this time around, I still feel like my bump looks full term! I guess that's what I get for not building back my ab muscles in the last year. :-) I've only gained three pounds in the past month, so that wasn't bad for over Christmas (I don't want to talk about the month before though... Thanksgiving was not kind to me).

This week I'm feeling an amazing amount of pressure from a VERY low baby. Pelvic rocks (Bradley exercise) are my friend, since that helps to adjust Kimber's position and make Mommy more comfortable. I'm thankful to say that the hard contractions I was having a few weeks ago have stopped, thanks to some help from my chiropractor. I fell down a flight of stairs about a month ago, and began having very painful, very long contractions whenever I "overdid it" in the weeks following. A few hip adjustments have made a huge difference. Now I'm back to having normal, painless, short Braxton Hicks contractions. Ahh... relief!

Kimber is still an incredibly active baby. I love to feel her movements throughout the day. I can't believe how close it's getting to her arrival. Please pray with us that this baby will be late, as she is due the first day of her Daddy's exam week.

3 comments:

Eileen,  January 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

Wow Jessica, I think that's the first time I've seen someone pray for a baby to be late. :) I'm curious too; what have you done to reduce your weight gain the second time around? I'm gathering ideas, just in case. ;-) E

Jessica January 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

Honestly, I'm not working this time around, so I don't have as much stress in my life. I really think that's the difference. My eating has been about the same (I try to stay healthy... but yes I'm still eating some sugar), and my activity level has been about the same (okay, maybe a little more chasing and squatting going on).

Kelly January 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

So glad your hard contractions have stopped! Mine have too, for the most part. We are also hoping and praying that our baby will either be early/right on time, or like a week late. My due date is on a Sunday, and that week from Wednesday through Saturday, Jacob has rehearsals and performances for symphony. It's been nice with my other pregnancies to be due during Christmas break and not have to worry about Jacob having to take off work and stuff. I know it will all work out - we just have to be more ready for it this time :)
You look fabulous! Great job keeping your weight gain down!

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP