Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


Makeup Series: Is Skin Care Important???

>> Monday, February 6, 2012


Makeup Series: Is Skin Care Important???

In a word? Yes. Skin care is very important. When I became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant a few months ago, I was shocked by some of the things I learned about my skin! I'd always used a cleanser/moisturizer, but was constantly switching brands or skipping steps. I thought that at my age (early 20's), it was just important to keep you skin clean and acne free. I was wrong. Good skin care should do more than simply cleanse your face. Mary Kay teaches that it should also exfoliate, freshen and moisturize.

It is vital that your skin care system be custom-matched to your skin's specific needs. Not sure what those needs are? Normally people fall into one of the following categories...

Dry Skin: Skin feels tight, and has a tendency to flake or crack. Aging strikes those with dry skin very early, especially in the areas around the eyes and mouth.
Normal Skin: Skin has a smooth texture, with few blemishes or early expression lines.
Combination Skin: Oily in the "T-zone" (forehead, nose and chin), but dry around the outer edges of the face.
Oily Skin: Skin appears shiny, and feels sticky or greasy. This skin type is very prone to acne breakouts, even after the teen years are over. The good news? Aging does not strike those with oily skin until later in life.

Now that you hopefully have a bead on what skin type you are, let me share something with you that truly shocked me. Did you know that skin actually begins to show signs of age in your 20's???? It is recommended that women over the age of 21 use an anti-aging skin care system. Did you know that? Because I certainly didn't!


So what do I use and recommend? Well, I have come to use and love the Mary Kay Timewise Miracle Set. This set delivers deep cleansing, gentle exfoliating and intense moisturizing... all while it fights aging! It's simple to use, and very affordable when compared to any skin care set of equal caliber. This skin care set has different formulas, specifically designed for the skin types I mentioned above. It's never been easier to know exactly what your skin needs!

As a parting word, let me say this. If you do nothing else for your skin... do these two things.
1. Moisturize! Find a moisturizer that lasts all day long. If you do this one thing, it will slow down the appearance of aging. Hydrating your skin well actually diminishes lines and wrinkles.
2. Be Consistent! Do your research. Don't just buy "what's on sale," and leave your skin starving one month and over-nourished the next. Find a product line that works for you, and stick with it.

Next time I'll talk a little about foundation. It has so many protective qualities (think, sun protection)! And yes... it is possible to find the perfect match for your skin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP