Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


New Recipe #4- Quick Yeast Rolls

>> Monday, February 13, 2012

Well, I no longer have a perfect record of trying one new recipe a week. Last week got pretty insane, and we ate some really awful stuff around here (like pizza, mac and cheese...). Let's just say that there was not a lot of cooking going on. Thankfully, when I stepped on the scale at the midwife, I had only gained a pound. It should have been so much worse!

I did make some homemade yeast rolls this week though. I normally (prepare yourself) spend the money and buy the frozen Sister Shuberts yeast rolls at the store. However, they are so expensive, and we were buying them almost every week! I needed something quick and easy, so when I saw this recipe on pinterest, I jumped at it. Sure enough... we love them! Yay for an easy staple! Tim and Kyle have gobbled them up each time I've made them this week, which is a good thing because I'm trying not to eat a lot of carbs after my sins of last week. :-)

The recipe is very simple. All that you need is 1 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water, 1/3 cup oil, 2 tbsp yeast, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 egg and 3 1/2 cups of flour (I used all purpose and it worked just fine).

Heat the over to 400 degrees. Combine water, oil, yeast and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Next, mix in the salt, egg and flour, kneading until combined and dough is soft and smooth. Form the dough into 12 balls, and put on a greased 9 x 13 pan. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP