Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


38 Weeks

>> Wednesday, February 29, 2012

38 Weeks





Time has flown by... SO FAST! We can hardly believe that it's almost time for this little one to make her appearance. We're so excited! I'm trying to treasure these last snatches of time with just Kyle and I at home during the days. Please pray with us that he'll adjust well to having his own little sister. Tim is still in class, and we're still praying that he'll be able to finish before Kimber arrives. He has one more week in the classroom, and then exams. 

These past few days I have officially hit the uncomfortable stage. Sleeping at night has become a chore! My 9 month pregnant body STILL insists on turning onto my back in my sleep... no matter what position I start out in. I'm thankful that I'm not waking up numb, but I seriously wish I could just stay on my side! Rolling off of my back first thing in the morning is not very comfortable. 

We had four hours of hard, consistent contractions last Wednesday night... and that got me working hard to whip our home into shape for baby. I'm hopeful that things will be in decent order whenever "labor day" does hit. We have Kimber's little nook in our bedroom almost complete, and her clothes are washed and sorted into her little storage baskets. I can't wait to see everything when it's put together! Hopefully this weekend Tim can spare and hour from the books to hang our shelves. I'll try to post pictures once everything is finished.

For now, I'm just hoping to stay rested, healthy, finish some small projects and keep my home clean until Kimber's birth. We're almost there! 

3 comments:

mary love March 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

you're so close! the bow holder you made was too cute!

Anonymous,  March 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM  

Have you tried putting pillows to your back to help keep you from turning that direction?

Jessica March 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM  

Yup! Sure have! I start out each night with piles of pillows to my front for my legs, and my back to keep me from rolling. Yet I always manage to nestle my way between them... flat on my back. This happened during my pregnancy with Kyle as well.

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP