Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


2012, here we come!

>> Friday, December 30, 2011



It is truly hard for me to believe that 2011 is over. This year has seen so much change in our home, yet to me if feels as though the year began yesterday. This might have something to do with the fact that I’ve been pregnant for half of this past year… and yes, time takes on an entirely new feel when you’re carrying a little one.

As New Years Day approaches, I have done more than my usual “planning” and “brainstorming” and “resolving.” This is probably because my nesting instinct is in full swing. It also has to do with my own feeling of inadequacy to raise two children at the same time. J I want very much to remain close to the Lord, keep a clean and organized home, keep up with my reading, and try some of these lovely pinterest projects during the chaos that is about to descend on my life!

Another big goal of mine is to branch out of my cooking rut this year. I want to begin shopping at Trader Joes, and try at least 4 new recipes a month. For me, that’s a daunting task! I love to cook… but I hate trying new things. Weird isn’t it? I hope to be able to share some of these adventures with you all over the next number of weeks and months.

For now, wish me luck as I dive into these (and other!) lists. We’ll hope to see you a bit more frequently over the upcoming year. 

1 comments:

Kelly December 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM  

I'm right there with you on pretty much everything you said! :) Praying for you!

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP