Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


The lady at Walmart

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today I went to Walmart. Kyle was supposed to be sleeping through this shopping trip, and sure enough he fell asleep in the car on the way to the store, just as planned. However, he woke up by the time I had gotten through the produce section and proceeded to scream off and on through the rest of my very long list. I held him on my hip, and that seemed to help for a time... but overall it was a miserable trip.

As would happen on any such trip, I discovered that I HAD to use the bathroom about halfway through our shopping. I hate it when this happens, because it means carting myself, diaperbag, Kyle and today that carseat (which he had been napping in), into the restroom with me. Well there was no helping it, so cart them all in with me I did.

There was one other person in the bathroom. She was washing her hands as I came in, and I smiled and said hello, knowing how ridiculous I must look with arms full, makeup gone, hair a mess and absolutely frazzled. She smiled back and continued to wash her hands. I checked for a diaper changing station (which I also needed to use), and saw it closed up, on the wall by the sink.

So I got Ky into the stall, hung the diaper bag on the door, put the carseat on the ground, and put Ky into the carseat so that I could use the restroom. He SCREAMED bloody murder when I put him down. And he continued to scream, even though I talked to him saying "Ky-guy it's okay. Mommy just has to use the bathroom, then she'll pick you right back up and we'll go change your diaper together okay?"

Well when I left the stall (baggage in tow!) I found the diaper changing station pulled out and ready for me. I can't tell you how much that simple action, done by a total stranger, meant to me at that moment! Truly, it was a blessing... and a rebuke to me. How often do I, who have the love of Christ, walk through my day with eyes and ears open to the simple blessing I can be to others. What opportunities to bless have I been walking by, unseeing? Lord give me the eyes to be like that Walmart lady! And spread your love and joy to a dying world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP