Cloth Diapers
>> Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I just want to say, using cloth diapers is one of the best decisions I remember from 2010. I really love it! Saving money, while keeping my baby comfy and cute? It's great.
I actually used to be one of those people who "would NEVER use cloth diapers." I mean seriously, that's gross! But that was before I saw them demonstrated in our Bradley Birth Class. When I saw the Flips from Cottonbabies, I looked over at my husband (who had asked me to look into this concept) and said "THAT I can do."
The Flips are amazing! I love the fact that you don't have to push the insert into a pocket, it just tucks into the corners of the waterproof liner, and you're done. Somehow that seemed less gross to me. For Ky, the coverage is amazing, and blowouts rarely happen.
They expand to fit 8-35 pounds, and are really affordable... especially considering how long they can be used. Kyle is almost 20 pounds, and the diapers have way more expanding to go! No buying S, M and L sizes with these cloth diapers! Lord willing, I can have two kids in them at once!
We started with three "day packs," and that was a pretty good number. If I were superwoman and always on top of the laundry... we probably would have been fine with three day packs. We did two months on that number, and once we knew for sure we loved the system, we bought a fourth day pack. Now I have to be REALLY behind on laundry to run out of covers, and I never run out of inserts. The covers don't have to be washed every time. When the insert is just wet (and not totally soaked), I just set the cover aside and use it later that day. I love that about the system!
The colors are fun too. I can't wait to have a girl so I can buy the beautiful raspberry pink diaper covers! I also really like the snap closure. I think it's more durable than any other type, and once you get the hang of it... it doesn't take any time at all. It actually takes me longer to get Ky in a disposable diaper than the cloth ones. :-)
I LOVE my Flip Diapers!
0 comments:
Post a Comment