Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


Flat on my face

>> Sunday, September 25, 2011

In the past month, my son has completely changed. I always knew that he had a sin nature, I even saw it at times, but in the past month rebellion, stubbornness, and direct disobedience have all become clearly evident. First they were evident in his actions, then in his words. I’m not shocked at this fact, but I am shocked by the responsibility! This soul that I treasure, while not mine to save, is mine to guide.

Parenting--- I’m afraid I’m going to fall flat on my face!

Suddenly, it occurs to me. Being flat on my face is exactly where I need to be

Bowed in anguish before my God

Pleading my inability and HIS ABILITY

God, keep me flat on my face as I raise my children!

1 comments:

Vickie K,  September 25, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

"Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him" PROV-I'm not sure which reference.

It is a daunting task to raise kids for Christ. Many times we are either too soft on their sin or too hard. We make mistakes all over the place. But, God loves them more than we do, so we just rest in Him that He will produce the desired results through our efforts. And flat on our faces is the place to be, as you said. He promises to always be there and give us help. I don't know how people who don't know the Lord do it!

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP