Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I make no promise to be faithful in posting... but I do hope I can be an encouragement to you as I strive to grow closer to the Lord, make my home more beautiful (on a budget!) and organized, learn more each day about being a better Mommy, find the time to read, and try to branch out of my cooking rut. :-) I think that good ideas should be shared! As I come across any, or the Lord grows me with any, I look forward to sharing them with you.


Vintage Rocking Horse

>> Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I found this vintage rocking horse today, and got it for... well... almost a steal. The guy didn't bargain down as far as I would have liked, but it still cost less than a new one, and has so much more character! Kyle spent the whole evening on it. Isn't it adorable?


I'm assuming that the paint is lead based, so am planning to re-do this treasure. I'm a little nervous about free-handing the face... but it looks simple enough to copy. What do y'all think? Should I paint him a bright glossy red?

1 comments:

Jessie June 23, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Cute! Why don't you try using tracing paper to copy the face, then some carbon paper underneath the traced face to get your outline back on the new paint? Looks like it's in great condition!
(See you in 3 weeks!!) :)

Post a Comment

Titus 2:4-5

"Young women [are] to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blashpemed."

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP